Stadium Road Shootout: Oh what a night!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
By Paul StanfordI've been to over 1,000 games during my time here as the sports editor, so I guess that qualifies me as somewhat of an authority on the different venues and what constitutes a highly-charged atmosphere on game night.
I've been to league and Central Section championship games, and in jam-packed Joe Flores Gym for the storied matchups in basketball between Madera and Clovis West in 2002-03 when fans from both schools were whipped into a feverish pitch the entire game. I've been on the floor level at the Forum for Lakers playoff games and watched Notre Dame rock the house against USC in football at South Bend.
But without exception, the contest between the host Madera South Stallions and the Madera Coyotes last Friday night raised the bar for the loudest, wildest and most high-energy high school game environment I have ever attended.
It actually caught me off guard as, when you watch so many games, there is sometimes a malaise because you figure you have seen it all.
(to see the rest of the article see the Madera Tribune Wednesday January 21 2009)
so.... i have to agree.
It REALLY WAS THE BEST GAME I'VE EVER BEEN TO!!!!!! it was AMAZING!!! BOTH teams played great. it was just so heated and intense. SOOO cool.
If you missed it...you missed the game of the year.





2 comments:
i'm glad you guys had so much fun! i'm sad i missed it! give derek a high five for me =o]
cool sounds like a movie, I hope Derek really enjoyed his moment of glory that's once in a lifetime! :)
Post a Comment